Minutes of board meeting of Ridgeview Gardens Homes
August 17, 2005
was held at the Pool
Brad, Dave, Gail, Martin McReynolds, Cristin Kostoff
No minutes from last meeting to read. (Michel not able to attend)
Checking acc't =~$1300. Savings =~$1700. Seven people still owe dues, one of
them is making payments, 3 are going to be served with leins, 3 are getting pre-lein
We will be getting a new pool service, since the old one is no longer in the
City of Santa Rosa has sent us a notice that we must install a backflow device.
They sent a list of vendors. Must be done by Sept. 15. Dave will persue.
A member sent a letter complaining about an apple tree hanging over fence, dropping
apples. Asked the board's opinion. Dave will write a letter explaining that this
is not addressed in our current CC&Rs, and is a civil matter between owners.
Martin once donated a book to us that dealt with similar matters. Gail will look
Report from Document Revision Committee:
A summary of committee recommendations was presented by Cristin Kostoff in a
letter to the board. Brief Q and As. Martin and Gail will submit a final few
details to add to the the draft of the documents given to Dave at last meeting.
The board will review the documents.
Brad will be out of town for one week.
Brad brought a 2x3' laminated copy of the pool rules and posted them on the pump
room door. Very visible now.
City inspectors red flagged our 3 pool gates for not closing properly. We had
until Aug. 16th to fix. Linda Vargas alerted the board. Gail called Coggins Fences,
who met with Linda and assessed the problem. They cannot do the repairs for 3
wks. Linda called the city and got a 1 week extension. Dennis did a good job
of fixing the gates. Side one still not perfect, so Gail will see if Dennis can
adjust. Coggins may still need to do some more permanent repairs. They will be
mailing us an estimate.City will probably return in a week or two for re-inspection.
A form letter is being prepared by Brad. A final list of
offenders is being prepared. Item held over until next meeting.
Picnic tables update. Dave had researched on the net. Gail moved we purchace
2 tables at $179+shipping+chains+paddlock each to be placed in the pool area.
Brad seconded the motion. All were in favor. Dave will procede with purchase.
August 27th Social: Linda Vargas will purchase the food, as she did for our last
B-B-Q. She will not be able to attend this one, however. Martin will type a simple
poster for posting on neighborhood lamposts and at the pool as a reminder.
Update on pool bathroom remodel: Tabled till next meeting, since it's getting
cold here tonight, and work cannot begin until after pool season anyway. Dave
suggested that if any of us know contractors, we could ask them to take a look.
Martin McReynolds reported on a recent Creek Stewardship
meeting. These meetings
are pertinent and interesting. Our creek channel will probably be cleared out
in the next couple of weeks. It is not a simple process anymore. Perhaps we can
plan another creek cleanup by members and neighboring homeowners association
in the future, though it is a lot of work and seems to grow back quickly.
Next meeting at the pool, Wednesday, September
21 at 7pm--bring a jacket!.
<< Board Meeting Minutes