Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association,
and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.
Minutes of August Meeting
August 21, 2013
Meeting called to order by President, Marc Faustino, at 6:55 p.m.
Dave Coyle (Treasure), Rich Whitestine (Secretary), Marc Faustino (President) and Tim Svoma (VP)
Previous meeting minutes:
The meeting minutes from the previous board meeting on July 23rd, 2013 were reviewed by Dave, Rich, Marc and Tim. Motion was made by Dave to approve the meeting minutes, 2nd by Marc, and were approved by all.
Regular checking account balance = $28,458.25
Reserve account balance = $36,044.67
- Letters to members have been sent to the following:
- 4320 Brookshire was asked to give the board a plan on their corrective action on the dead trees in their yard. – As of the July 23, 2013 meeting, no response has been received. As of 8/21/13 meeting still no response. Send request will be sent before the next meeting.
- 4328 Brookshire Circle was asked to give the board a plan on cleaning up their yard. The property is a rental, but the owner responded that they have talked to the renters and they have agreed that they will clean the yard up. It appears that the occupants have made some movement in the cleanup process, and the hot tub has been removed from the front of the yard. Progress is being made on the property. We will see how it goes in the next month after the 8/21/13 meeting.
- Due to a member complaint, a letter from the board will be sent to 4329 Brookshire Circle regarding the partial painting of the home that is in violation of RGHA’s CC& Rs. A letter was sent to the owner on 8/12/13. As of the 8/24/13 meeting no response was given.
- The board will further look into the complaints by a member regarding 4409 Brookshire and police visits to the home to see if they are in violation of any RRHA’s policies or City codes. The subject will be taken up at our next meeting.
It was decided at the 8/24 meeting that no violations are being violated. Marc will follow up the owner and let them know that there is nothing we can do.
- Replacing of the door and painting has still not been completed yet. Anne will contact the contractor again and try to pin him down on a date it will be completed. Completed and closed!
- Ann will get the “No Trespassing” signs for the pool. On-going. Tim will ask his wife to pick these up at Target.
- The pool repairs brought up in the previous meeting have been completed, except for the grate at the bottom of the pool that requires the technician to where scuba gear. Gail talked with Jeff, who stated it was scheduled. Marc will follow up. Completed and closed.
- Barbara was asked to clean the pool area daily, and it seems to have helped with the cleanliness of the pool area. Marc to give Barbara a call to clean discuss the new issues of non-flushing toilets and dirty bathrooms, and to ask that they be checked daily.
- 15 members are late on payment, with 2 members up to $420.00 in back payments due. Dave has sent statements and invoices to the individual members, and received a couple responses back. We will revisit next month, and possibly send liens if needed. As of 8/21/13 the late payment members are down to 10. Dave to start the lien process on the two members that are $420.00 over due.
- The sensor light at the pool is out. Anne will pick one a new bulb when she is getting the “No Trespassing” signs. Marc followed up with Anne and the sensor light was replaced. Closed.
- It was brought up by Marc to possibly put return spring hinges on the doors and locks that stay locked at all times so that only members can get in with their pool keys. No motion was made, but we will talk about it later as a possible winter project. Table for now until Winter.
- Barbara asked if we could get a new hose real and hose for the pool. It was approved to have her purchase them. Marc checked with Barb and they were not bought. He asked Tim to have his wife purchase them from Target.
- Tim would like to get a bid or two more on the solar panels for the pool. The members agreed. The members of the board all appeared to be in favor of the solar panels, although no official motion was made. It was mentioned that we have enough in our checking to cover the solar panels without tapping into our reserve funds. It was agreed that Tim will get at least one or two more bids on the pool later in the year, and that if the solar panels are going to be done, it will be in the winter. It was tabled for future discussion. Tabled for winter project.
- Jeff had been given the okay to fix the concrete coping on the side of the pool when the scuba diving repair is made. Complete and Closed.
- Gail mentioned as a note, that the log for the chemicals in the pool has had some periods of time when it was not filled out. The log needs to be filled out daily per county requirements. Marc to mention to Barb to check and sign each day.
- Marc to talk to Jeff to look into a full maintenance of the pull, including a caulking or patching.
- Rich to follow up with Sarah on updating the website.
- There was a letter received from member Maggie Kostoff regarding the cleanliness of the bathrooms. We will re-visit at the next board meeting to see if the bathrooms are being kept cleaner.
The next meeting will be held on September 18th @ 7:00 p.m. Location to follow.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 p.m.
<< Board Meeting Minutes