Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners AssociationRidgeview Gardens Address-Contact Information
""Link to Home PageLink to About PageLink to Board Minutes PageLink to Board NewsletterLink to CC & R's PageLink to Contact Information Page
Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners Association Board Minutes for the current month
"

Board Meetings
Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association, and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.

Meeting Minutes
February 22, 2017

Meeting called to order by President Marc Faustino; at 7:08PM

Attendance:

Marc Faustino (President),Chris Petrus (Vice President), David Coyle (Treasurer), Katie Florian (Member at Large).

Previous meeting minutes:

The meeting minutes from the previous meeting on January 11, 2017 were approved by all with the following correction: for past due bills the board is not waiting to contact lawyers. The board is waiting for the current billing cycle before contacting lawyers.

Treasurerís Report:

Checking: $28,070.22
Reserve Account: $35,379.48

Total dues: 2017: 237 paid/13 unpaid/$2002.00; Older Invoices: 6 unpaid/$862.00

Old Business
  • 4/27/16: A homeowner had brought forward a concern about speeding cars in the neighborhood. A subcommittee was formed to further investigate and research possible solutions to the issue.
  • 5/24/16: Mr. Snyder, a homeowner in RGHA, attended the board meeting to share updates on the issue of speeding and unsafe driving in the neighborhood. Mr Snyder had been in contact with the Chief of Police, SRPD. It was discussed to place trailers on Summerfield Rd. to monitor driving speeds, and make drivers aware of the 35 mph speed limit. In addition, the City Traffic Engineer came and took pictures of the area in question. He suggested drafting a letter to the city regarding the concerns of unsafe road conditions and driving in the area. The board discussed the option of the city installing stop signs at the intersection of Summerfield Rd and Carissa. Marc to follow up with the city by calling the City Engineer Department.
  • 7/6/16: In lieu of President Marc Faustino not being able to attend the July board meeting, any updates on the traffic issue will be discussed at the August meeting. The Santa Rosa Police Department did install temporary traffic control trailers on Brookshire Circle to monitor driving speed.
  • 8/24/16: Marc has been in contact with the city traffic engineer and Santa Rosa Police Department. Some progress has been made in resolving the traffic issues in the neighborhood. The city will add stop signs at the intersection of Siskiyou and Calavaras, and add a four way stop at the Contra Costa and Siskiyou intersection. In addition reflective markers will be added on Siskiyou leading on to Brookshire Circle. This will help with traffic safety and discourage drivers from cutting over into the left side of the street when making a turn at the intersection. Other options, such as a yield or stop sign, are being considered for the the small stretch of road where Carissa meets Brookshire Circle. All of the above mentioned changes have been submitted to the city of Santa Rosa and are waiting for approval.
  • 10/5/16: Discussion tabled until next meeting.
  • 11/9/16: Stop signs have now been added to the intersection of Contra Costa and Siskiyou making it a four way stop. The stop sign at the Calavares/Siskiyou intersection as well as the reflective markers at the Brookshire Circle/ Siskiyou intersection have all been completed. President Marc Faustino will contact the city to follow up on any other traffic improvements still pending for the RGHA neighborhood.
  • 1/11/17: President Marc Faustino will contact City of Santa Rosa to thank them for recent safety improvements in the RGHA neighborhood. He will ask the city engineer to revisit potential improvements to the Brookshire/Summerfield intersection.
  • 2/22/17: Still pending contact/update from city officials. Chris identified that Avotts/Siskiyou is another problem area.
  • 10/5/16: The board discussed potential actions in regards to a homeowner who has not paid association dues for the past 3 years. The board has contacted the homeowner several times to attempt to collect dues owed. Since the homeowner has not responded or paid the amount owed the case will be passed on to the lawyers for collection.
  • 11/9/16: Pending update from Association lawyers.
  • 1/11/17: No update. Still pending update from Association lawyers.
  • 2/22/17: Lawyers to send letters to two homeowners who owe multiple years of unpaid dues. Dave will open Lean Process.
  • 11/9/16: The treasurer informed the board that taxes for Ridgeway Garden Home Association has been filed. A new accountant has not yet been assigned.
  • 1/11/17: The board is considering having the treasurer review, and potentially file yearly taxes.
  • 2/22/17: The board treasurer completed the tax forms for the Association. Katie will review and provide input as needed.
  • 1/11/17: A discussion took place regarding hiring a tree care company to evaluate the trees surrounding the pool. In addition, part of the caulking around the pool needs to be redone and the yard maintenance of the pool walkway leading to Calavaras needs upkeep.
  • 2/22/17: The board will need to find a temporary replacement for the person who has been providing yard maintenance around the pool area. Marc and Chris will look into hiring a yard care company to take care of regular maintenance, as well as doing a large clean up of the entire area around the pool.
New Business
  • Mrs. Bradley would like to schedule a neighborhood garage sale for May 6. The board decided to also send out a newsletter. At the next meeting the board will determine topics for the newsletter which will be delivered mid-April. The board need to determine a date for the Annual Homeowners general meeting for the end of April.
  • Dave received a call from an association member in regards to a home for sale at 1924 Contra Costa Avenue. The home is advertising an un-permitted granny unit (converted garage). The board can use the City Ordinances to take action. Dave suggested contacting the realtor to inform them that the unit is not permitted. Katie suggested to also send a letter to the home owner. Dave will follow up, and has already contacted the City and received the necessary form.
  • A home owner had previously contacted the board in regards to a moving pod that has been parked in a neighbor's driveway for a long time. The board was informed that the tenant is trying to consolidate within the next 60 days. If the pod is still at the address after the 60 days has passed the board will address the issue with the tenants.
  • A homeowner residing on Brookshire Circle has submitted a complaint about his neighbor and a dog kennel kept in the neighbor's back yard. The board has provided the homeowner with resources and phone numbers to contact. The board has also requested the exact address of the property with the dog kennel but had not yet received a response or any specific details.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:50pm.

Next meeting will be held Monday 3/27/17 at 6:30pm at the pool.

Respectfully submitted
Lone Svoma
RGHA Secretary

<< Board Meeting Minutes

 

home           about the area            board minutes            newsletter            cc&r's            contact us


2015 All rights reserved © Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners Association

Web site maintained by NG Web Designs