Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association,
and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.
Minutes of June Meeting
June 11, 2012
Called to order 6:05 pm at the pool.
RaeAnn Thurlow, pres., Michel
Stamoulis, VP, Gail Simons, sec’y.
Minutes of April 30, 2012 meeting were not available, as Gail, thinking there had been
a May meeting while she was away on vacation, forgot to bring the April 30 minutes.
- Treasurer’s report not available (Chris had no exceptional news and was unable to
- Ballots for the spring board election were printed by Martin McReynolds,
stamped with “ballot only” and stuffed by RaeAnn, and stamped with
postage and addressed by Chris Petrus, Dave Coyle, and Michel. They
were mailed by Michel. They are due to be returned by June 20.
- Tree pruning: the last payment for the major Spring pruning and tree
removal was made by Chris.
- The home on Carissa Ave. with many cars on property is no longer an issue—
most of the cars have been removed.
- 1923 Calavaras: a letter from the property owner was read (see attached).
RaeAnn spoke with him by phone and apologized for the delay in
answering his calls to RGHA voicemail.
Gail will write a response, thanking him for his letter and noting that
there have been no new complaints.
- Gail has called Barbara and Michael asking for the return of the signed
job descriptions. No response yet.
- Gail will call our new website volunteer, explaining need to wait until after
the new board is seated to begin work.
- Joanne Marker of Calavaras called and talked with RaeAnn and Gail about
the unoccupied property at 1924 Yolo Ct. The elderly owner moved out of
town to live with a relative several years ago. A letter from the board was
sent Sept. 2010 (see attached) about high weeds and broken down cars in
driveway. No response was received, though occasionally someone does
come to repair the fence. Kind neighbors mow the lawn. Now some
neighbors are concerned about rats (invading the neighborhood since the
creek bed was cleaned out this spring), potential break-ins, and general
appearance of the property. The board decided to send another letter
asking the family to help with rodent control. Gail will write the letter, get
email board approval, and give a copy to Ms. Marker to share with her
- Phone calls:
- Wendy Snyder complained that she did not want her signature on
the outside of the ballot envelope—for ID security. Gail proposed
having a stamp to make a line for signature inside the flap of the
envelope next year.
- Marilyn Charmichael called to ask if we are going to have a
neighborhood garage sale. Gail will call her and another neighbor
to see if they would like to organize one.
- Shall we have a BBQ at the pool? Since Barbara Thomas usually does a
good job of organizing these, Gail will call her and see if she’s interested.
- Gail will ask the Connollys if they would volunteer to be inspectors of the
ballots –count the ballots, which are due in by June 20.
- Sink in women’s bathroom is off the wall. Gail will call DeVoto Plumbing
to repair (they did the same repair for the boys’ sink last summer)—
agreed by board.
- RaeAnn will call/email invitation to new board members, once elected, to
join us at the July board meeting.
Next meeting will be July 9, the second Monday of the month, at 6pm at
<< Board Meeting Minutes