Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association,
and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.
June 24, 2015
Meeting called to order by President, Marc Faustino, at 8:06pm.
Marc Faustino (President), Anne Martinez (Member at Large), Chris Petrus (Vice-president), and David Coyle (Treasure). Rich Whitestine (Secretary), Lone Svoma (New Secretary)
Previous meeting minutes:
The meeting minutes from the previous board meetings on May 21st were approved by all.
Checking: $4426.68; Saving: $23,375, respectively.
Dues collection report: 235 paid; 12 have not. Total unpaid: $2505. 3 from previous years are unpaid.
- 3-9-15 and 3-18-15 – The Board discussed the removal the oak tree near the gated entrance of the pool at Calavaras pathway. The Board approved the removal of the tree and cutting up the wood for $1500.
- 4-29-15 – The tree had not yet been removed but the tree cutter realized they dropped the ball and were getting on it.
- 5-21-15 – City permit is pending. In next few weeks after the permit is approved the tree will be completed.
- 5-12-15 – Scheduling of pool party: We will shoot for scheduling the pool party for the last part of August. Perhaps the Sunday before Labor Day, which is August 30th. If all works out it will be from 11:00 to 1:00, and the Board will buy burgers and hot dogs, and ask members of the association to bring food as well.
- 6-24-15 – Ongoing. The board will put an invite in the next newsletter and decide on an exact date at the next meeting.
- 5-12-15 – Rich Whitestine will be moving out of the RGHA neighborhood and can no longer be a Board member. No members have volunteered for the election, so Lone Svoma will replace Rich on the Board. Dave will check with lawyer or previous years email to make sure there is no issue with not having an election… Dave sent an email after the meeting of the previous year from the lawyer. The lawyer said we had to announce to the members that no one came forward and that Lone Svoma has stepped up to take the position. See email on 5-22-15 sent by Dave Coyle.
- 6-24-15 – Lone Svoma has accepted the position of secretary. Rich will send information.
- Two weeks before this meeting the pool was murky due to a chlorination problem. Jeff fixed the issue.
- Barbara has been buying items for the pool and has not been asking for reimbursement. Board to address with her. The Board will also talk to her about picking up leaves more often and possibly watering shrubbery around the pool. The Board will invite Barbara to the next meeting.
- Marc will contact Jeff to lower the temperature of the pool in order to save on heating costs.
- The Board will invite Martin to the next Board meeting to discuss the next newsletter.
- Dave will send a letter to all members with outstanding accounts to see if collections can be made before we have to go to the lawyers.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:45.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 7-27-15 at 7:00 at the pool.
<< Board Meeting Minutes