Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners AssociationRidgeview Gardens Address-Contact Information
""Link to Home PageLink to About PageLink to Board Minutes PageLink to Board NewsletterLink to CC & R's PageLink to Contact Information Page
Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners Association Board Minutes for the current month
"

Board Meetings
Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association, and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.

Meeting Minutes
June 26, 2017

Meeting called to order by President Marc Faustino; at 6:36PM

Attendance:

Marc Faustino (President), Chris Petrus (Vice President), Katie Florian (Treasurer), Lone Svoma (Secretary), Anne Martinez (Member at Large), David Coyle (Member at large), Marcia Heimburger (Member at large).

Previous meeting minutes:

The meeting minutes from the previous meeting on May 24, 2017 were approved by all.

Treasurerís Report:

Checking: $18,208.46
Reserve Account: $

Total dues:  2017: 239 paid,7 unpaid/$1,540.00; Older Invoices: 3 unpaid.

Old Business
  • 4/27/16: A homeowner had brought forward a concern about speeding cars in the neighborhood. A subcommittee was formed to further investigate and research possible solutions to the issue.
  • 5/24/16: Mr. Snyder, a homeowner in RGHA, attended the board meeting to share updates on the issue of speeding and unsafe driving in the neighborhood. Mr Snyder had been in contact with the Chief of Police, SRPD. It was discussed to place trailers on Summerfield Rd. to monitor driving speeds, and make drivers aware of the 35 mph speed limit. In addition, the City Traffic Engineer came and took pictures of the area in question. He suggested drafting a letter to the city regarding the concerns of unsafe road conditions and driving in the area. The board discussed the option of the city installing stop signs at the intersection of Summerfield Rd and Carissa. Marc to follow up with the city by calling the City Engineer Department.
  • 7/6/16: In lieu of President Marc Faustino not being able to attend the July board meeting, any updates on the traffic issue will be discussed at the August meeting. The Santa Rosa Police Department did install temporary traffic control trailers on Brookshire Circle to monitor driving speed.
  • 8/24/16: Marc has been in contact with the city traffic engineer and Santa Rosa Police Department. Some progress has been made in resolving the traffic issues in the neighborhood. The city will add stop signs at the intersection of Siskiyou and Calavaras, and add a four way stop at the Contra Costa and Siskiyou intersection. In addition reflective markers will be added on Siskiyou leading on to Brookshire Circle. This will help with traffic safety and discourage drivers from cutting over into the left side of the street when making a turn at the intersection. Other options, such as a yield or stop sign, are being considered for the the small stretch of road where Carissa meets Brookshire Circle. All of the above mentioned changes have been submitted to the city of Santa Rosa and are waiting for approval.
  • 10/5/16: Discussion tabled until next meeting.
  • 11/9/16: Stop signs have now been added to the intersection of Contra Costa and Siskiyou making it a four way stop. The stop sign at the Calavares/Siskiyou intersection as well as the reflective markers at the Brookshire Circle/ Siskiyou intersection have all been completed.
  • President Marc Faustino will contact the city to follow up on any other traffic improvements still pending for the RGHA neighborhood.
  • 1/11/17: President Marc Faustino will contact City of Santa Rosa to thank them for recent safety improvements in the RGHA neighborhood. He will ask the city engineer to revisit potential improvements to the Brookshire/Summerfield intersection.
  • 2/22/17: Still pending contact/update from city officials. Chris identified that Avotts/Siskiyou is another problem area.
  • 3/27/17: Marc to contact city engineer to request review of Carissa/Summerfield intersection.
  • 4/26/17: Marc has been in contact with the city engineer. Waiting for a response from the city in regards to final road/intersection improvements.
  • 5/24/17: No updates. Tabled to next meeting when President Marc Faustino will be in attendance.
  • 6/26/17: No updates. Marc will make one last follow up call to the City Engineer.
  •  
  • 10/5/16: The board discussed potential actions in regards to a homeowner who has not paid association dues for the past 3 years. The board has contacted the homeowner several times to attempt to collect dues owed. Since the homeowner has not responded or paid the amount owed the case will be passed on to the lawyers for collection.
  • 11/9/16: Pending update from Association lawyers.
  • 1/11/17: No update. Still pending update from Association lawyers.
  • 2/22/17: Lawyers to send letters to two homeowners who owe multiple years of unpaid dues. Dave will open Lean Process.
  • 3/27/17: Tabled to be reviewed at a later date.
  • 4/26/17: The treasurer received a check from the homeowner. However, some of the information on the check was incorrect, and it has been mailed back. Still waiting for payment to clear account.
  • 5/24/17: The pre-lien process has been completed.
  • 6/26/17: No updates at this time.
  •  
  • 1/11/17: A discussion took place regarding hiring a tree care company to evaluate the trees surrounding the pool. In addition, part of the caulking around the pool needs to be redone and the yard maintenance of the pool walkway leading to Calavaras needs upkeep.
  • 2/22/17: The board will need to find a temporary replacement for the person who has been providing yard maintenance around the pool area. Marc and Chris will look into hiring a yard care company to take care of regular maintenance, as well as doing a large clean up of the entire area around the pool.
  • 3/27/17: Michael will provide lawn maintenance for the month of April. The board will look into filling the yard care position by posting an ad in the quarterly newsletter.
  • 4/26/17: No one has responded to the ad for the yard care position listed in the newsletter. Michael will continue the yard maintenance of the pool area for now. Jeff, from the pool maintenance company, will inspect the filter grid as well as some areas of the pool deck in need of caulking.
  • 5/24/17: A homeowner in the RGHA neighborhood is interested in taking over the yard care position. He will be invited to attend the next board meeting to discuss the position.
  • 6/26/17: The board discussed the various work duties of the yard care position with Alex, the homeowner interested in taking over the position. He is planning to meet with Michael and Chris at the pool to review work and tools needed for the job. The board will be responsible for supplying/purchasing yard tools if needed
  •  
  • 5/24/17: It was brought to the board's attention that the sidewalk leading to the pool has several uneven areas which are potential trip hazards. The board will examine the cost of having the raised areas of the cement sidewalk leveled.
  • 6/26/17: Marcia has contacted a business who does this type of work and scheduled a walk through to determine which areas need leveling. They will put a bid together for the cost of work needed. Bid to be presented at next board meeting.
New Business
  • Marc received a call informing him that the door to the bathroom had been kicked in. He has contacted the carpenter and scheduled repair of the door and lock.
  • Leakage had been detected in the pool causing a lower water level in the pool. The pool company has been contacted and will repair as needed.
  • Marc will contact Barbara to status with her regarding her work duties as pool monitor/maintenance. The board will revisit the written job description of her position at the next board meeting.
  • The board will also review the RGHA pool rules to ensure they are up to date. It was suggested to create a permanent large, laminated sign of the pool rules.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:15pm.

Next meeting will be held Tuesday 7/25/17 at 6:30pm at the pool.

Respectfully submitted
Lone Svoma
RGHA Secretary

<< Board Meeting Minutes

 

home           about the area            board minutes            newsletter            cc&r's            contact us


2015 All rights reserved © Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners Association

Web site maintained by NG Web Designs