RGHA Special Board Meetings
Minutes of June Meeting
June 24, 2013
Meeting called to order by president, Cave Coyle, at 7:38pm in Anne Martinez’ house.
Dave Coyle (pres.), Marc Faustino (VP), Chris Petrus (treas.), Anne
Martinez (member at large), Gail Simons (sec’y), Richard Whitestine (board elect),
Michel Stamoulis (RGHA member). Tim Svoma (board elect) was contacted about the
meeting, and arrived at 8:06pm.
Minutes of the April 29 and May 8, 2013 meetings were reviewed. MOTIONs were made
by Dave and 2nds by Chris and Marc, respectively, to approve the minutes. Both
motions were passed unanimously.
Our pool permit arrived in the mail--for 1 year, which is the new
standard with the County. Gail will post the permit. Bank statements and a reconciliation
summary were circulated for review.
Guest Michel Stamoulis advised the board that SAY (Social Advocates for Youth) plans
to open a residential facility in the old Warwick Hospital building at Summerfield and
Hoen Dr. He was concerned about property values being affected, and general safety of
children in the area. He asked us to look for more information on the Nextdoor website,
and for a 2 page flier to be delivered to our homes.
- Election results: Of the 98 ballots returned by mail, Tim Svoma received 98 votes,
Richard Whitestine received 96. They will be our new board members,replacing
Chris Petrus and Gail Simons.
- Letters to errant members: One tenant has been evicted. The waterskis at another
home have been moved. Dave made a MOTION to send the remaining 2 letters,
as corrected. (see attached) Gail 2nd. Passed. Marc will try to take photos to be
mailed to the owners.
- 4412 Brookshire neighbor concern over 3-4 police visits in 2 years, multiple
tenants. Marc will call the City to discover if any ordinance has been broken. Then
board will discuss further action.
- Replacing door and painting at pool: Anne has scheduled contractor twice, and it
has rained on both occasions. In progress.
- Pool chairs: Dave made a MOTION that we purchase up to $250 worth of pool
furniture. Chris 2nd. Passed. Gail asked that the purchases be staggered.
- ‘No Trespassing’ signs: Anne will purchase.
- Solar: tabled for further discussion.
- Phone messages-Anne reported. One member concerned about soiled bathrooms,
garbage not taken out. Barbara has been asked to check bathrooms daily. Agreed
that garbage does not need to go out every week if cans not full--unless there is an
- Vandalism at the pool is worse this year, reported Barbara to Gail. Tim will check
pool area for possibility of a motion detector. Gail will check motion lights to see if
they are working.
- Pool repairs: Needed repairs reviewed. (report from Jeff Thierry to Gail) Lights in
pool need replacing. A water valve is leaking in pump room, near timer. ($60
estim.) Strainer flaps are missing (at water level on sides of pool). these repairs
met with board approval. The main drain cover in the bottom of the deep end was
loose and was pushed back in place by a swimmer. MOTION by Dave to okay
$400 for work to be done--this was estimate obtained by Jeff from company he
feels to be reputable.
- New board members chose board positions. Marc Faustino will be president, Tim
Svoma VP, Dave Coyle will be treasurer, Richard Whitestine will be secretary, and
Anne Martinez will continue as member at large.
Next meeting will be July 23, 2013 at 6:30 pm at the pool.
Meeting adjourned at 8:56 pm.
Respectfully submitted, Gail Simons, sec’y.
<< Board Meeting Minutes