Minutes of Annual Membership Meeting
Minutes of board meeting of Ridgeview Gardens Homes
May 13, 2004
Meeting began at 7:15
p.m. at Martin McReynolds' home, 1915 Marin
Present: Martin McReynolds (presiding),
Minutes of April 26 meeting: Approved.
- Assessment arrears, collections. Action on collections was postponed until an updated list can be prepared of all homeowners who have paid their dues. Martin suggested returning the late fees paid by two homeowners, since the collections policy has not been implemented and dues payments were accepted at the general membership meeting May 11 without a late fee. Linda agreed.
- Bookkeeper. Martin reported that proposed bookkeeper Jeanine Vatalaro is out of the country but will be contacted when she returns.
- Updating address list. Martin offered to make note of all the address changes he has come across from correspondence and phone messages, in order to correct the current list.
- Old laptop computer. Linda provided a check for $50 to the Association and Martin handed her the used laptop, for which there had been no other bidders.
- Board election. Martin and Linda counted the 42 ballots received by mail and turned in at the annual meeting. They counted 17 proxies for Linda to cast as she saw fit, 11 proxies for Martin to use, six proxies for Starr Gobel to use and two proxies for Steve Wyatt to use. This was a total of 36 valid proxy votes, far short of a quorum of 128. There were also six invalid votes three that had no name filled in for proxy, two that listed Linda and Mark Zaifman as candidates (they are not candidates to fill the vacancies of Martin and Steve) and one that showed Starr and Linda as candidates (again, they are not candidates for the two vacancies). Martin and Linda decided to put out a new ballot if two candidates can be found, and to distribute it with a stamped envelope to those homeowners who had not voted earlier. Martin said he would try to contact Michael Stamoulis and Ricardo Cattaneo, who were said to have expressed an interest in running for the board.
- RGHA insurance. Martin noted that the Association insurance
policy from Scottsdale Insurance Co. Of Columbus, Ohio, includes a notice that it is issued by an insurer that is not licensed by the state of California. Linda said she would check with her insurance agent about the meaning of this. Martin also noted that he has queried Northwest Insurance, the broker handling the policy, about the breakdown of the premium costs, which includes a broker's fee of $175 but doesn't show an additional $500 broker's fee that was charged. Martin and Linda agreed that it would be advisable to take competitive bids for the Association insurance coverage next year.
The date of the next board meeting was tentatively set for Wednesday or Thursday, June 2 or 3.
- Pool opening, pump room key, permit. Martin reported the pool opened on schedule May 1 and the county permit had been received and posted in the pump room. He said Elissa Burroughs, who lives near the pool and often swims early in the morning, had requested a copy of the pump room key in order to sweep out leaves that gather overnight. Martin and Linda agreed to authorize Dennis Mohr to provide Elissa with a copy of the key. It was agreed that Dennis could remove the rusted rain gutter from the shed roof, since it performs no useful function and does not need to be replaced.
- Neighbor's complaint. Martin noted a complaint about the state of the front yard at 1832 Calaveras Dr. He said he would contact the homeowner about upgrading the lawn, which reportedly has been left for more than a year as bare dirt, with construction materials piled on the driveway.
- P.O. Box. Martin reported he had given a key to the Association P.O. box to David Coyle of 1936 Marin Dr., who will check the box Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. David has also offered to help with supplying "demand" requests to title companies and real estate agents when houses change hands.
- Newsletter. Martin said he will try to get a newsletter distributed soon with a report on the Web site and with a new ballot and stamped envelopes.
The meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
-Submitted by Martin McReynolds, 5/18/04
<< Board Meeting Minutes