Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners AssociationRidgeview Gardens Address-Contact Information
""Link to Home PageLink to About PageLink to Board Minutes PageLink to Board NewsletterLink to CC & R's PageLink to Contact Information Page
Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners Association Board Minutes for the current month
"

Board Meetings
Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association, and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.

Minutes of March Meeting
May 20, 2014

Meeting called to order by President, Marc Faustino, at 7:00 p.m.

Attendance:

Marc Faustino (President),) Anne Martinez (Member at Large), Tim Svoma (Vice President), and Rich Whitestine (Secretary). David Coyle (Treasure) did not attend. Gail Simons and Chris Petrus also attended.

Previous meeting minutes:

The meeting minutes from the previous board meeting on April 16, 2014 were reviewed and approved by Marc with a motion, Tim second the motion, and all were in favor.

Treasurerís Report:

Checking: $28,150.83
Saving: $33,371.80

Old Business
  • 12/10/13 – The Board has decided to move forward with the plastering of the pool and a new boiler due to the disadvantages of solar.
    1/14/14 – After further review Marc proposed that the total cost for the pool plastering, diving tiles, start up with Jeff, permit, and new heater is roughly $15k. Board was all in favor of moving forward. Marc to get the plastering company to start work and the plastering should be complete, or nearly complete, by the next board meeting.
    2/17/14 – Pool work may be done by the end of the week. Heater work will start in the next few weeks
    3/11/14 – Plastering has progressed slowly. Should be done in 2 weeks, delay due to handrail on order.
    4/16/14 – Plastering has been completed. Heater will be completed the week of 4/16/14.
    5/20/14 - Closed
  • 3/11/14 – Dave C and Anne are on their second year on the Board and we may need to find new members.
    3/11/14 – Meeting scheduled for April 16 at Strawberry, 7P. Board will meet 30 minutes prior. Newsletter will invite new members. Dave and Ann can stay on but have to re-run and be elected.
    4/17/14 – No candidates have come forward yet.
    5-20-14 – The Board will revisit next meeting.
  • 3/11/14 - We will add more pool furniture, Ann will look into it. We allotted $200.
    4/16/14 - Ann is still working on getting the furniture.
    5/20/14 – Furniture is bought. Anne to be reimbursed for $240.00. Closed
  • 3/11/14 - Need to discuss with Barbara the pool upkeep and bathrooms, extra hot week maybe we have it done more often.
    4/17/14 – Talked to Barbara at the meeting and she agreed to look at the pool more often on hot weeks.
    5/20/14 – Closed
  • 5/20/14 – 12 members haven't paid yet. We will review at the next board meeting. Dave to send bill to Weaver and Blixt so they know how much they owe. Next month we will talk about sending letter to Wolch.
  • 5/20/14 – A new net is needed for the pool. Marc to see if Jeff can get one.
  • 4/16/14 – We need to check the new doors and make sure it is able to be opened by young children. Anne was concerned they may not be able to get the door open and could get stuck in the bathroom.
    5/20/14 – Rich to see if he can get signs for bathroom to let parents know that they can't leave their kids unattended.
  • 4/16/14 – Mike Kurtis called and said he sold his home on 4332 Leafwood West 4 month ago, and the new owner should pay the dues. Dave to follow up.
  • 4/16/14 - One of the residents asked if we could add local resident's businesses to the newsletter. We will talk to Martin before the next newsletter is sent out to see if we can do this.
    5/20/14 – Gail brought up that adding business to the newsletter could create problems. She also thought it was brought up in the past, and it was decided not to do this. We will talk about it next meeting to see if Dave remembers anything about it.
  • 4/16/14 – Barbara brought up that teens that jump the fence are sometimes offensive in their comments. If we can figure out who the teens are, we may take the keys away from the residence.
    5-20-14 – Gail brought up that we most likely cannot take the members keys.
  • 4-16-14 – Barbara brought up the cracks in the cement being filled with rubber sealant in the past. Marc will check with Jeff to see if he can do this.
    5/20/14 – Marc still needs to talk to Jeff.
  • 4/16/14 – It was brought up that 4091 Sacramento may be a home for the elderly. This is a violation of the RGHA policy. The board will try and find out if this is true and respond accordingly.
    5/20/14 – Board will keep an eye out for anything that looks like this is a business. There may not be much we can do. We will review next month.
  • 4/16/14 – Barbara mentioned that she has to clean the chlorine off the pool deck and a pressure washer might be easier to use, and could save on water. The Board will review this at our next meeting and possibly budget for one.
  • 5/20/14 – Rich will look in to getting a pressure washer for a $150.00 budget.
New Business
  • Tim stated concerns about not being able to be on the Board for a second year. He said his wife Lone could possibly step in if it would be allowed without a member vote. It was also mentioned to have Chris join again. At this time no one has come forward in the association to run for the Board. We will revisit at the next Board meeting.
  • Rich to get signs for the bathrooms stating "Do not leave your child unattended in the bathroom"
  • Anne will contact Brad to fix the sensor lights ASAP.
  • Marc to ask Jeff about railing and plastering near the steps, as well as the edges of the pool. Anne stated that they are rough, and Marc and Tim both stated their kid's toes were rubbed raw after swimming.
  • Marc to contact Martin about sending out a newsletter with the pool rules because there have been a lot of rules broken recently.
  • Gail stated 25 keys had to be re-cut, which is why the budget is a little higher than usual.
  • Anne brought up that the bench around the pool could use some TLC. Board will review and re-visit next month.
  • Brad to look at roof on west side of the pool house, gutter, and the bench and make recommendation for Board to visit next month.
  • There was a leak in the solar piping on the roof that was brought up, but it has already been repaired by Jeff.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:22.

The next meeting will be held on June 11th, at 7:00 pm. at the pool if possible.

Respectfully submitted
Rich Whitestine
RGHA Secretary

<< Board Meeting Minutes

 

home           about the area            board minutes            newsletter            cc&r's            contact us


2015 All rights reserved © Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners Association

Web site maintained by NG Web Designs