Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association,
and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.
November 9, 2016
Meeting called to order by President Marc Faustino; at 7:02PM
Chris Petrus (Vice President), David Coyle (Treasurer), Lone Svoma (Secretary), Anne Martinez (Member at Large), Katie Florian (member at large).
Previous meeting minutes:
The meeting minutes from the previous meeting on October 5, 2016 were approved by all.
Reserve Account: $35,378.14
Total unpaid dues: 2016: $650.00 (4 unpaid); 2015: $260.00 (2 unpaid); 2014: $130.00 (1 unpaid)
- 4/27/16: A homeowner had brought forward a concern about speeding cars in the neighborhood. A subcommittee was formed to further investigate and research possible solutions to the issue.
- 5/24/16: Mr. Snyder, a homeowner in RGHA, attended the board meeting to share updates on the issue of speeding and unsafe driving in the neighborhood. Mr Snyder had been in contact with the Chief of Police, SRPD. It was discussed to place trailers on Summerfield Rd. to monitor driving speeds, and make drivers aware of the 35 mph speed limit. In addition, the City Traffic Engineer came and took pictures of the area in question. He suggested drafting a letter to the city regarding the concerns of unsafe road conditions and driving in the area. The board discussed the option of the city installing stop signs at the intersection of Summerfield Rd and Carissa. Marc to follow up with the city by calling the City Engineer Department.
- 7/6/16: In lieu of President Marc Faustino not being able to attend the July board meeting, any updates on the traffic issue will be discussed at the August meeting. The Santa Rosa Police Department did install temporary traffic control trailers on Brookshire Circle to monitor driving speed.
- 8/24/16: Marc has been in contact with the city traffic engineer and Santa Rosa Police Department. Some progress has been made in resolving the traffic issues in the neighborhood. The city will add stop signs at the intersection of Siskiyou and Calavaras, and add a four way stop at the Contra Costa and Siskiyou intersection. In addition reflective markers will be added on Siskiyou leading on to Brookshire Circle. This will help with traffic safety and discourage drivers from cutting over into the left side of the street when making a turn at the intersection. Other options, such as a yield or stop sign, are being considered for the small stretch of road where Carissa meets Brookshire Circle. All of the above mentioned changes have been submitted to the city of Santa Rosa and are waiting for approval.
- 10/5/16: Discussion tabled until next meeting.
- 11/9/16: Stop signs have now been added to the intersection of Contra Costa and Siskiyou making it a four way stop. The stop sign at the Calavares/Siskiyou intersection as well as the reflective markers at the Brookshire Circle/ Siskiyou intersection have all been completed. President Marc Faustino will contact the city to follow up on any other traffic improvements still pending for the RGHA neighborhood.
- 10/5/16: The board discussed potential actions in regards to a homeowner who has not paid association dues for the past 3 years. The board has contacted the homeowner several times to attempt to collect dues owed. Since the homeowner has not responded or paid the amount owed the case will be passed on to the lawyers for collection.
- 11/9/16: Pending update from Association lawyers.
- The treasurer informed the board that taxes for Ridgeway Garden Home Association has been filed. A new accountant has not yet been assigned.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:27pm.
Next meeting will be held Wednesday 1/11/17 at 8pm at Anne's house.
<< Board Meeting Minutes