Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners AssociationRidgeview Gardens Address-Contact Information
""Link to Home PageLink to About PageLink to Board Minutes PageLink to Board NewsletterLink to CC & R's PageLink to Contact Information Page
Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners Association Board Minutes for the current month
"

Board Meetings
Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association, and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.

Minutes of September Meeting
September 18, 2013

Meeting called to order by President, Marc Faustino, at 7:00 p.m

Attendance:
Dave Coyle (Treasure), Marc Faustino (President), Tim Svoma (VP), Anne Martinez (Member at Large) started the meeting at 7:00, and Rich Whitestine (Secretary) arrived around 7:10.

Previous meeting minutes:
The meeting minutes from the previous board meeting on August 23, 2013 were unavailable at the time of the meeting. Meeting minutes will have to be reviewed and approved at the October board meeting.

Treasurer’s Report:

Money was transferred from regular checking account to reserve account to meet required balance of reserve.

Old Business
  • Letters to members have been sent to the following:
    • 4320 Brookshire was asked to give the board a plan on their corrective action on the dead trees in their yard. – As of the July 23, 2013 meeting, no response has been received. As of 8/21/13 meeting still no response. Send request will be sent before the next meeting.
      At the 9/18/13 meeting there was still no response from on the trees. It was observed by Rich Whitestine on 9/24/13 that the trees have been torn down. Should be closed at next meeting.

    • 4328 Brookshire Circle was asked to give the board a plan on cleaning up their yard. The property is a rental, but the owner responded that they have talked to the renters and they have agreed that they will clean the yard up. It appears that the occupants have made some movement in the cleanup process, and the hot tub has been removed from the front of the yard. Progress is being made on the property. We will see how it goes in the next month after the 8/21/13 meeting.
      At 9/18/13 meeting clean up has remained about the same. No progress but garbage has been removed.
  • Due to a member complaint, a letter from the board will be sent to 4329 Brookshire Circle regarding the partial painting of the home that is in violation of RGHA’s CC& Rs. A letter was sent to the owner on 8/12/13. As of the 8/24/13 meeting no response was given.
    9/18/13 – It was decided to send a second request to the owner to paint their home.
  • The board will further look into the complaints by a member regarding 4409 Brookshire and police visits to the home to see if they are in violation of any RRHA’s policies or City codes. The subject will be taken up at our next meeting. It was decided at the 8/24 meeting that no violations are being violated. Marc will follow up the owner and let them know that there is nothing we can do.
    9/18/13 – Marc talked to the owner and he thanked the board for taking his complaint into consideration and confirmed that we did what we could, but it is out of our hands. Closed.
  • Ann will get the “No Trespassing” signs for the pool. On-going. Tim will ask his wife to pick these up at Target.
    9/18/13 – Tresspassing signs have been purchased. Closed.

  • Barbara was asked to clean the pool area daily, and it seems to have helped with the cleanliness of the pool area. Marc to give Barbara a call to clean discuss the new issues of non-flushing toilets and dirty bathrooms, and to ask that they be checked daily.
    9/18/13 – Marc talked to Barbara about cleaning the pool area during hotter periods a few times a week to keep up with the higher traffic. Barbara agreed. The leaves will also be blown once a week.
  • 15 members are late on payment, with 2 members up to $420.00 in back payments due. Dave has sent statements and invoices to the individual members, and received a couple responses back. We will revisit next month, and possibly send liens if needed. As of 8/21/13 the late payment members are down to 10. Dave to start the lien process on the two members that are $420.00 over due.
    9/18/13 – If we do not get a response from the two delinquent residences mentioned above by the end of the month than Dave will start the lien process.
  • It was brought up by Marc to possibly put return spring hinges on the doors and locks that stay locked at all times so that only members can get in with their pool keys. No motion was made, but we will talk about it later as a possible winter project. Table for now until Winter.
  • Barbara asked if we could get a new hose real and hose for the pool. It was approved to have her purchase them. Marc checked with Barb and they were not bought. He asked Tim to have his wife purchase them from Target.
    9/18/13 – Hose purchased. Still need real.
  • Tim would like to get a bid or two more on the solar panels for the pool. The members agreed. The members of the board all appeared to be in favor of the solar panels, although no official motion was made. It was mentioned that we have enough in our checking to cover the solar panels without tapping into our reserve funds. It was agreed that Tim will get at least one or two more bids on the pool later in the year, and that if the solar panels are going to be done, it will be in the winter. It was tabled for future discussion. Tabled for winter project.
  • Gail mentioned as a note, that the log for the chemicals in the pool has had some periods of time when it was not filled out. The log needs to be filled out daily per county requirements. Marc to mention to Barb to check and sign each day.
    9/18/13 – Barbara has agreed to fill out the log more regular
  • Marc to talk to Jeff to look into a full maintenance of the pull, including a caulking or patching. 9/18/13 – Marc talked to Jeff and Jeff said that the pool was not too bad. However, Jeff said that the should be replastered about every 15 to 20 years. It is believed it has been about 17 years since it was done last.
  • Rich to follow up with Sarah on updating the website. The website has been updated by Sarah. Closed
  • There was a letter received from member Maggie Kostoff regarding the cleanliness of the bathrooms. We will re-visit at the next board meeting to see if the bathrooms are being kept cleaner.9/18/13- Barbara was asked to check more often, and agreed. Closed
New Business
  • Dave received a letter from the CPA we have used in the past. He asked if we should use this CPA again. It was agreed that we should.
  • The board received an email regarding a commercial vehicle parked between 4116 Siskiyou Ave. It appears this may be a RGHA bylaw violation, but before the Board takes action we will check to see if the commercial vehicle is breaking a city code. We will review next month.
  • Marc brought up to the board that perhaps we could pay Barbara more so that she can attend to the pool area more often during hotter periods. We will curb this until the spring.
  • Marc asked Jeff Thierry (Pool guy) to give the Board a bid for re-plastering the pool.
  • Marc to see if Jeff Thierry can come to the next meeting to discuss the pool’s condition.
  • Anne has found that the phone system doesn’t seem to be working properly. Dave received a letter from AT&T and is going to check on what it said. Dave to email Anne any information that he has.
  • Tim mentioned the possibility of security cameras at the pool. No decision was made.

The next meeting will be held on October 23rd @ 7:00 p.m. Location to follow.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.

Respectfully submitted
Rich Whitestine
RGHA Secretary

<< Board Meeting Minutes

 

home           about the area            board minutes            newsletter            cc&r's            contact us


2015 All rights reserved © Ridgeview Gardens Homeowners Association

Web site maintained by NG Web Designs