Minutes of board meeting
of Ridgeview Gardens Homes Association
April 26, 2004
Meeting began at 7:11
p.m. at Martin McReynolds' home.
Present: Martin McReynolds (presiding),
Starr Gobel, Linda Vargas.
Minutes of March 23 meeting: Approved.
Treasurer's report: There was no treasurer's
report. Discussion was held of efforts to obtain the
services of a bookkeeper. Martin said he had tried to
contact Jeanine Vatalaro and would continue his efforts.
- Assessment arrears, collections. Action on collections was postponed until an updated list can be prepared of all homeowners who have paid their dues. Martin reported one former homeowner inquired about getting a pro-rated refund of dues paid for a house that was sold in May of last year. There is no precedent for such a refund and none appears feasible.
- Pool repairs. Linda offered to get an estimate for the replacement of the rusted-out rain gutter on the roof of the pool shed. Starr was authorized to obtain new floor mats for the restrooms at an estimated cost of $300. A discussion was held of the color to paint the pool structures, with an agreement on beige. Dennis Mohr is to do the painting as part of his duties, with paint supplied by the Association.
- Creek maintenance. Linda offered to use weedkiller on the poison oak growing along the edge of the RGHA community property near the pool.
- Locking gate to common area. Martin submitted an estimate from Coggins Fence of $1,757.10 for reinforcing the outer gate leading to the common area and installing a lock on it. In light of the expense, and the complication of moving lock-boxes for PG&E and the Fire Department from the main pool gate, the project was not acted on.
- Old laptop. No bids have been received for the Association's old laptop computer. Linda offered to buy it for $50, the estimated market value.
- The date for the annual membership meeting was set for May 11 at Strawberry School, pending availability.
- Pool opening. Pool opening was set for May 1. Linda agreed to hand out pool keys and keep track of the homeowners who receive them.
Proposed subjects: Annual meeting and election, pool rules, household toxic roundup and a reminder to keep dogs on leashes.
The next meeting was set for 7 p.m. Thursday,
May 13, at Martin's house.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
-Submitted by Martin McReynolds, 5/11/04
<< Board Meeting Minutes