Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association,
and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.
Minutes of December Meeting
Anne Martinez�s House, December 11, 2012
Attendance: Dave Coyle (pres), Marc Faustino (VP), Anne Martinez (member at large), Chris Petrus (treas.), Gail Simons (sec�y), Martin McReynolds (newsletter), and members Michel Stamoulis and JoAnn Marker.
JoAnn spoke to the board about the two year old problem she and her neighbors are having with rats. She has called the exterminator business Hitman, and has been told that the unoccupied house in her neighborhood would very likely be a problem. Hitman would have to come out to see the property to say for sure (free estimate). She has heard that a nephew of the owner lives in town. JoAnn asked if the board could help with the problem.
Discussion was held, CC&R 4.5b &c were read aloud.
MOTION: by Gail, 2nd by Dave to get in touch with the nephew and ask him to take action by meeting with an exterminator. Marc offered to be present for the free estimate. Motion passed unanimously. Gail will keep JoAnn notified of progress via email.
Michel told the board of a Bennnett Valley Neighborhood group site on the internet, which allows for announcements, news, and communication in the area. He will send us the link.
Minutes of the Nov. 7, 2012 board meeting were approved as emailed to all yesterday.
Treasurer�s Report: A summary report and a reconciliation detail were circulated for reading.
- A radar machine to check car speed was noted on Brookshire near Siskiyou for about 2 weeks. Marc will call to find results.
- 2344 Leafwood Cir West--the lawyer billed us, so looks like they are proeeding with the lien.
- Sidewalk outside the pool has been painted at the bulging root with bright orange color for warning to watch step.
- Reserve fund updated estimate for replacing half the wooden fence between members�s yards and the common area: Anne is working on this.
- Secondhand cigarette smoke issue. Chris suggested addition of reference to CC&R 5.5-nuisance, p. 12, in letter written by Gail. MOTION by Dave, 2nd by Marc to send the letter as amended. (see attached). Approved unanimously.
- There have been quite a few break-ins to cars parked on the street. Marc will ask police if there have been increased reports, or if the reports have been clustered in any particular areas.
Martin will ready a newsletter for mid Jan. announcing dues decrease, BV Neighbors website, car break-ins, and upcoming garage sale in Spring (Debbie Bradley has volunteered to organize this again).
Meeting adjourned at 7:05pm
Next meeting will be Tuesday, Jan. 8, 6pm, at Starbucks on Yulupa Ave.
<< Board Meeting Minutes