Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association,
and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.
Minutes of January Meeting
January 14, 2014
Meeting called to order by President, Marc Faustino, at 6:52 p.m.
Dave Coyle (Treasure), Marc Faustino (President),) Anne Martinez (Member at Large), and Rich Whitestine (Secretary). Tim Svoma (Vice President) not in attendance.
Previous meeting minutes:
The meeting minutes from the previous board meeting on December 10, 2013 were reviewed and approved by all.
- It was brought up by Marc to possibly put return spring hinges on the doors and locks that stay locked at all times so that only members can get in with their pool keys. No motion was made, but we will talk about it later as a possible winter project. Table for now until Winter.
10/22/13 � Marc will talk to Dave (Repairman) about getting a bid to install the return spring hinges and locks, as well as a bid to paint the bathrooms.
11/12/13 � Marc to follow up with Brad on estimate for bathroom painting.
12/10/13 � The board has agreed to paint the bathrooms. Hinges and lock for bathrooms tabled for a later date due to not being sure if the locks and hinges are legal in a public pool.
1/14/14 � The board has agreed to add the hinges and locks to Brad�s scope of work for a total cost of $750.00 with the painting of the bathrooms. Marc to let Brad know.
- Barbara asked if we could get a new hose real and hose for the pool. It was approved to have her purchase them. Marc checked with Barb and they were not bought. He asked Tim to have his wife purchase them from Target.
9/18/13 � Hose purchased. Still need real.
10/22/13 � Still need to get a hose real.
11/12/13 � Tim still looking into it.
12/10/13 � Same as last month.
1/14/14 � Dave will order the hose reel.
- Conversation regarding the pool with Jeff:
Will be reviewed at next meeting.
- Quote for plastering the pool: $8760.00
- Questions regarding what the health department were brought up by Jeff. They may make us add drains, rails, etc.
- A Permit would be required.
- A $600.00 fee from Jeff would also be added to the cost for servicing of the pool during the start-up period (i.e. brushing and chemicals)
- Solar � Is it worth it? Jeff thinks we will only get about 3� for a few months out of the year when it is warmer. Jeff said he would talk to the solar company to see what they think the raise in temperature would be. Only 3�, or more?
- Patching pool? - Jeff says it can be done, however, we will only get a few years out of the patching.
12/10/13 � The Board has decided to move forward with the plastering of the pool and a new boiler due to the disadvantages of solar. The costs are based on the following:
Plastering = $8760.00
Boiler = $3935.00
Start up and chemical treatment = $600.00
Plus cost for bathroom s to Brad = $475.00
Total Cost for all of the above = $16,170.00
Marc is the process of scheduling plastering with Jeff. Jeff is getting the permit. Health department is not an issue.
1/14/14 � After further review Marc proposed that the total cost for the pool plastering, diving tiles, start up with Jeff, permit, and new heater is roughly $15k. Board was all in favor of moving forward. Marc to get the plastering company to start work and the plastering should be complete or nearly complete by the next board meeting.
- Several people have called regarding dues:
1/14/14 � Dave to follow up.
- Heidi King says the cost of the dues was in her mortgage closing cost. Dave to call her and let her know that if this is the case, she need to contact her mortgage people to pay the bill.
- Mrs. Butts had asked to have her husband�s name taken off RGHA, but has asked to leave his name on at this time.
- Francis Joos past away. Dave is going to contact next of kin.
- We will talk about the next newsletter in February.
- Michael gave a quote to do landscaping monthly. Board asked for an hourly rate so he can mow the grass on an as needed basis.
The next meeting will be held on Monday, February 17th @ 6:45 p.m. at Anne�s house.
The meeting was closed at 7:25p.m.
<< Board Meeting Minutes