Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association,
and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.
July 25, 2017
Meeting called to order by President Marc Faustino; at 6:30PM Attendance:
Marc Faustino (President), Chris Petrus (Vice President), Katie Florian (Treasurer), Lone Svoma (Secretary), Marcia Heimburger (Member at large).
Previous meeting minutes:
The meeting minutes from the previous meeting on June 26, 2017 were approved by all.
Reserve Account: $ 35,381.24
Total dues: Older Invoices: 8 unpaid/$2695
- 1/11/17: A discussion took place regarding hiring a tree care company to evaluate the trees surrounding the pool. In addition, part of the caulking around the pool needs to be redone and the yard maintenance of the pool walkway leading to Calavaras needs upkeep.
- 2/22/17: The board will need to find a temporary replacement for the person who has been providing yard maintenance around the pool area. Marc and Chris will look into hiring a yard care company to take care of regular maintenance, as well as doing a large clean up of the entire area around the pool.
- 3/27/17: Michael will provide lawn maintenance for the month of April. The board will look into filling the yard care position by posting an ad in the quarterly newsletter.
- 4/26/17: No one has responded to the ad for the yard care position listed in the newsletter. Michael will continue the yard maintenance of the pool area for now. Jeff, from the pool maintenance company, will inspect the filter grid as well as some areas of the pool deck in need of caulking.
- 5/24/17: A homeowner in the RGHA neighborhood is interested in taking over the yard care position. He will be invited to attend the next board meeting to discuss the position.
- 6/26/17: The board discussed the various work duties of the yard care position with Alex, the homeowner interested in taking over the position. He is planning to meet with Michael and Chris at the pool to review work and tools needed for the job. The board will be responsible for supplying/purchasing yard tools if needed
- 7/25/17: Alex has accepted the position, and will be taking care of yard maintenance around the pool area.
- 10/5/16: The board discussed potential actions in regards to a homeowner who has not paid association dues for the past 3 years. The board has contacted the homeowner several times to attempt to collect dues owed. Since the homeowner has not responded or paid the amount owed the case will be passed on to the lawyers for collection.
- 11/9/16: Pending update from Association lawyers.
- 1/11/17: No update. Still pending update from Association lawyers.
- 2/22/17: Lawyers to send letters to two homeowners who owe multiple years of unpaid dues. Dave will open Lean Process.
- 3/27/17: Tabled to be reviewed at a later date.
- 4/26/17: The treasurer received a check from the homeowner. However, some of the information on the check was incorrect, and it has been mailed back. Still waiting for payment to clear account.
- 5/24/17: The pre-lien process has been completed.
- 6/26/17: No updates at this time.
- 7/25/17: Lawyer has mailed a letter to the homeowner requesting payment for both back dues and legal fees. Waiting on response from homeowner.
- 5/24/17: It was brought to the board's attention that the sidewalk leading to the pool has several uneven areas which are potential trip hazards. The board will examine the cost of having the raised areas of the cement sidewalk leveled.
- 6/26/17: Marcia has contacted a business who does this type of work and scheduled a walk through to determine which areas need leveling. They will put a bid together for the cost of work needed. Bid to be presented at next board meeting.
- 7/25/17: Marcia had contacted 3 different companies who specialize in the kind of concrete work needed a few places around the pool deck as well as the walkways leading to the pool. The board reviewed all bids and decided on Pacific Coast Cutters to do the work. Marcia will contact the company and set up a date for the the work to be done.
- 6/26/17: Marc received a call informing him that the door to the bathroom had been kicked in. He has contacted the carpenter and scheduled repair of the door and lock.
- T/26/17: Leakage had been detected in the pool causing a lower water level in the pool. The pool company has been contacted and will repair as needed.
- 7/25/17: The leakage in the pool has been fixed. Jeff at the pool company also replaced a few burned out light bulbs.
- 6/26/17; Marc will contact Barbara to status with her regarding her work duties as pool monitor/maintenance. The board will revisit the written job description of her position at the next board meeting. The board will also review the RGHA pool rules to ensure they are up to date. It was suggested to create a permanent large, laminated sign of the pool rules.
- 7/25/17: Tabled to next meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:22pm.
Next meeting will be held Wednesday 9/6/17 at 7pm at the pool.
<< Board Meeting Minutes