Board meetings are open to all members of the Ridgeview Gardens Home Association,
and we encourage anyone and everyone to attend.
May 24, 2017
Meeting called to order by Vice President Chris Petrus; at 6:36PM Attendance:
Chris Petrus (Vice President), David Coyle (Treasurer), Anne Martinez (Member at Large), Lone Svoma (Secretary), Katie Florian (member at large).
Previous meeting minutes:
The meeting minutes from the previous meeting on April 26, 2017 were approved by all.
Reserve Account: $35,380.36
Total dues: 2017: 239 paid,10 unpaid/$1,540.00; Older Invoices: 3 unpaid/$1,452.00
- 4/27/16: A homeowner had brought forward a concern about speeding cars in the neighborhood. A subcommittee was formed to further investigate and research possible solutions to the issue.
- 5/24/16: Mr. Snyder, a homeowner in RGHA, attended the board meeting to share updates on the issue of speeding and unsafe driving in the neighborhood. Mr Snyder had been in contact with the Chief of Police, SRPD. It was discussed to place trailers on Summerfield Rd. to monitor driving speeds, and make drivers aware of the 35 mph speed limit. In addition, the City Traffic Engineer came and took pictures of the area in question. He suggested drafting a letter to the city regarding the concerns of unsafe road conditions and driving in the area. The board discussed the option of the city installing stop signs at the intersection of Summerfield Rd and Carissa. Marc to follow up with the city by calling the City Engineer Department.
- 7/6/16: In lieu of President Marc Faustino not being able to attend the July board meeting, any updates on the traffic issue will be discussed at the August meeting. The Santa Rosa Police Department did install temporary traffic control trailers on Brookshire Circle to monitor driving speed.
- 8/24/16: Marc has been in contact with the city traffic engineer and Santa Rosa Police Department. Some progress has been made in resolving the traffic issues in the neighborhood. The city will add stop signs at the intersection of Siskiyou and Calavaras, and add a four way stop at the Contra Costa and Siskiyou intersection. In addition reflective markers will be added on Siskiyou leading on to Brookshire Circle. This will help with traffic safety and discourage drivers from cutting over into the left side of the street when making a turn at the intersection. Other options, such as a yield or stop sign, are being considered for the the small stretch of road where Carissa meets Brookshire Circle. All of the above mentioned changes have been submitted to the city of Santa Rosa and are waiting for approval.
- 10/5/16: Discussion tabled until next meeting.
- 11/9/16: Stop signs have now been added to the intersection of Contra Costa and Siskiyou making it a four way stop. The stop sign at the Calavares/Siskiyou intersection as well as the reflective markers at the Brookshire Circle/ Siskiyou intersection have all been completed.
- President Marc Faustino will contact the city to follow up on any other traffic improvements still pending for the RGHA neighborhood.
- 1/11/17: President Marc Faustino will contact City of Santa Rosa to thank them for recent safety improvements in the RGHA neighborhood. He will ask the city engineer to revisit potential improvements to the Brookshire/Summerfield intersection.
- 2/22/17: Still pending contact/update from city officials. Chris identified that Avotts/Siskiyou is another problem area.
- 3/27/17: Marc to contact city engineer to request review of Carissa/Summerfield intersection.
- 4/26/17: Marc has been in contact with the city engineer. Waiting for a response from the city in regards to final road/intersection improvements.
- 5/24/17: No updates. Tabled to next meeting when President Marc Faustino will be in attendance.
- 10/5/16: The board discussed potential actions in regards to a homeowner who has not paid association dues for the past 3 years. The board has contacted the homeowner several times to attempt to collect dues owed. Since the homeowner has not responded or paid the amount owed the case will be passed on to the lawyers for collection.
- 11/9/16: Pending update from Association lawyers.
- 1/11/17: No update. Still pending update from Association lawyers.
- 2/22/17: Lawyers to send letters to two homeowners who owe multiple years of unpaid dues. Dave will open Lean Process.
- 3/27/17: Tabled to be reviewed at a later date.
- 4/26/17: The treasurer received a check from the homeowner. However, some of the information on the check was incorrect and it has been mailed back. Still waiting for payment to clear account.
- 5/24/17: The pre-lien process has been completed.
- 1/11/17: A discussion took place regarding hiring a tree care company to evaluate the trees surrounding the pool. In addition, part of the caulking around the pool needs to be redone and the yard maintenance of the pool walkway leading to Calavaras needs upkeep.
- 2/22/17: The board will need to find a temporary replacement for the person who has been providing yard maintenance around the pool area. Marc and Chris will look into hiring a yard care company to take care of regular maintenance, as well as doing a large clean up of the entire area around the pool.
- 3/27/17: Michael will provide lawn maintenance for the month of April. The board will look into filling the yard care position by posting an ad in the quarterly newsletter.
- 4/26/17: No one has responded to the ad for the yard care position listed in the newsletter. Michael will continue the yard maintenance of the pool area for now. Jeff, from the pool maintenance company, will inspect the filter grid as well as some areas of the pool deck in need of caulking.
- 5/24/17: A homeowner in the RGHA neighborhood is interested in taking over the yard care position. He will be invited to attend the next board meeting to discuss the position.
- 4/26/17: Board updates; Dave Coyle, long time board member of RGHA, has been partnering with member at large Katie Florian to transition her into the role of the board's new treasurer.
- A homeowner approached the board inquiring about potentially joining the board. She will attend the next meeting on May 24, 2017.
- 5/27/17: Marsha Heimburger joined the board as member at large.
- Some homeowners have expressed the need for additional chairs at the pool due to some chairs being broken. The board is planning to purchase another eight chairs in addition to the five that were just replaced.
- It was also brought to the board's attention that the sidewalk leading to the pool has several uneven areas which are potential trip hazards. The board will examine the cost of having the raised areas of the cement sidewalk leveled.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:14pm.
Next meeting will be held Monday 6/26/17 at 7:15pm at the pool.
<< Board Meeting Minutes